Mystery "Fancy" Chick from Hatchery - too Soon to Identify?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by beeryfun, Jul 25, 2013.

1. beeryfun

beeryfun Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2013
    Richwood
    I love this section of BYC -- love reading all of the posts and always appreciate people taking their time to read mine too.

My son is DYING to know what his "fancy" is going to look like.... pics aren't the greatest but I think it looks like a pale Blue Andalusian -- our friends ordered 50 cornishxrocks and they always send a "fancy". This year they are giving it to us and my son gets to see it every day since they use our barn for raising them for 4H and to eat :)

Any idea? I looked and looked thru breeds, I guess it could be a few different ones. Its feet are not yellow, not quite dark either.

We have 3 ISA Brown and 3 New Hampshires (one very beautiful Rooster) - so we have pretty normal looking chickens. It is cool to see a unique looking chick like this little guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daniel rainey

daniel rainey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    yea i would say too soon unless theres some one on here that breeds the specific breed and recognises it but one of your yellow guys seems to have a bit f a leg problem...

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    McM doesn't have many chickens that come in blue, think the Andalusian, Cochin, EE and BLRW are about it, so your chick almost has to be a Blue Andalusian.

4. beeryfun

beeryfun Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2013
    Richwood
    Thank you so so much. I appreciate your answers.

Those are the cornishxrocks.... they are really weird ones. It was stretching in that PIC. Yes....they tend to get let issues. Lol

5. Lobos

Lobos New Egg

Jul 26, 2013
    Keezletown, Virginia
    Looks like an Andy roo. The hens from what I can tell tend to be lighter grey/blue while the roos are dark grey/blue. My Blue Andy chicks are the trophy birds of my flock. They're only a few weeks old and they're absolutely beautiful already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by