Mystery Game. Rex, Ruth or Ghost?????? ANSWER POSTED.

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by ruth, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    O.K. we had a real mystery yesterday morning and I thought about posting the clues to see if any of you could figure it out. The game plays like Clue but has a lot less suspects. I'll post the general info today and a new clue each day. Plus I'll answer a question or two each day as long as the answer doesn't reveal the mystery.

Here's the mystery and some of the clues.

I got up yesterday morning and found a green egg at bottom of steps, slightly cracked on bottom. Found a second green egg in Rex's bed a few feet away, in shed, intact. Oddly enough the chickens were out of the coop - odd in that my husband normally never lets them out and they stay in coop till I let them out each morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the mystery - how did the eggs get on porch and in Rex's bed?

Here's the suspects:

Ruth - who lays green eggs and has been acting really weird lately. We recently discovered her hidden clutch of eggs in the horse stables.

[​IMG]

Rex, our GSD guard dog - who is obsessed with playing ball and has guarded the girls since they were day old babies.

[​IMG]

Ghost of Green Morris. Locals tell stories of things being stolen or misplaced when visiting or staying overnight in this home. He was born and died here. He and his parents who built the home are buried outside.

[​IMG]

If you think you know who done it, please post. I think you will be surprised at final answer. Do you think it was Ruth, Rex or Ghost - or - something else?????

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Rex moved the eggs.

3. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmmm. I think it was rex.

4. humptydumpty

humptydumpty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2008
    Brandon,MS
    maybe ruth(the chicken) started disgarding eggs form her nest and rex(the dog) tried to save them:/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I think it was Rex (who is so beautiful! I love GSD, I miss my Trevor, who was a 100lb GS (possibly a mix) we adopted from the shelter. [​IMG] )

6. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    I vote for Green Morris! [​IMG]

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Rex is the obvious culpret, but why start a game when the answer would be so easy... Hmm... So, it couldn't be Rex, could it? Or maybe you were thinking we'd think that you'd think that we'd think that... [​IMG]

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Like any good mystery - new suspects and clues are introduced slowly.

Today's Clue:

The previous owners told us about the family of racoons that live here. "They're so cute - they only walk on the brickwalkways - won't walk on the grass - and come up to the door and windows to look in. We feed them - they're like pets"

9. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    OK, I'm still voting for the dog! Keep it up, Ruth! This is fun!

Tanya

10. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'm for the ghost. The racoons couldn't have let the chickens out of the coop, yes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by