1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery girl

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ShellKaye, Aug 21, 2016.

1. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    Mystery bird..is this a game mix? Was told it was a "gold lace" something when got it as a chick. Breeder said it was not a wyandotte. She is about 27 weeks. I have a red six link, two barred rock and exchequer leghorn that is laying age. Here is a pic of possibly her egg next to the exchequer and red sex link. Only other option would be the br but didnt think they layed eggs this dark. You can't tell in pics but feathers on her back have a green sheen in sun. She does have some lacing on breast but not like my young slw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Can you take better pictures? It's hard to tell, but I'm thinking mixed breed.

3. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    She was uncooperative this morning. I had a hard time getting pics to upload and apologize for duplicated thread. I will try to get a better pic if sun comes out today. I have alot of photo bombers in the flock!

4. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These arent much better but Im the feed bucket so they all come running when they see me. I will try to get a better one when i can get someone to hold her later.

5. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the best side view i can get right now. The other will hopefully show the green in her feathers.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

She's definitely a mixed breed. I'm thinking there's Welsummer there, with the dark egg, straight comb, yellow legs and overall shape. Besides that, not sure what went into the mix. She's a cute, unique little thing for sure [​IMG]

7. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    I am new to chickens and loving my girls. I wanted to eventually get some chocolate and colored egg layers so happy with her whatever she is. Thanks.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    mixed breed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by