1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery girl

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ShellKaye, Aug 21, 2016.

1. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    Mystery bird..is this a game mix? Was told it was a "gold lace" something when got it as a chick. Breeder said it was not a wyandotte. She is about 27 weeks. I have a red six link, two barred rock and exchequer leghorn that is laying age. Here is a pic of possibly her egg next to the exchequer and red sex link. Only other option would be the br but didnt think they layed eggs this dark. You can't tell in pics but feathers on her back have a green sheen in sun. She does have some lacing on breast but not like my young slw.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nedahbegins

nedahbegins New Egg

Aug 21, 2016
    Golden laced Wyandotte and is the egg all the way to the right white or light pinky brown?

3. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    Its the dark egg in middle and she is smaller than my slw that is 18 weeks. I am a newbie and had hard time getting photos to upload and when i did think it posted 3 times. How do i delete?

4. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Your girl does not look like a pure golden-laced Wyandotte.
    See example photo:
    [​IMG]

To me, she resembles a wellsummer.

5. ShellKaye

ShellKaye New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Lousiana
    I know she is not a glw...not pure breed anyway. Just wondering if anyone could pin it down a little closer. How about egg color? I was not expecting that dark and pretty sure they are hers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by