Mystery hatch due the 9 of january!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Dec 19, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Well as my last hatch was a failure i decided, what the heck, lets try this again! So i called up one of my chicken friends and asked if she could bring a few eggs over from her flock for me to incubate. She said yes and brought over 7 brown eggs. I also added 7 of my own eggs (all brown except 1 blue and one bantam) and i will be putting them in today. If my hens lay more sometime today i will throw those eggs in but not after today.
    I have no idea what these chicks will be.. especially the ones from my friend. I just know that they will most likely be mutts... but mutts are very pretty [​IMG]
    From my last hatch, out of 14 only 2 bantam eggs made it to lockdown. they got to the point where they where absorbing the yolk and then they sadly died. When i desected them i found something very interesting.. one of the bantam eggs had a chick with yellowish/brown legs, was blackish grey and a pea comb. but the other chick had blue legs with lighter black fuzz and a "normal" comb. And they where both from the same hen wich i find very interesting..
    So stick around because i will need help determining what breed or what these chicks will be crossed with!
    Feel free to post about your incubations, Etc.
    I will post pics of the eggs in the incubator later on,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In this picture i lined up the eggs from lightest to darkest..
    [​IMG]
    Can you guess what this is suppose to look like?
    [​IMG]

2. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    Im excited for you. Mine is a mistery hatch too due on the 26th. This is my first hatch and I am using a new lg incubator. I purchased my eggs at a local auction (the last one of the year). I have all sizes and colors except blue. I cant wait to see what we end up with! Good luck to you!

3. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:Awsome! i am very excited and really hope i get some chicks this time..

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Yeay! I'll be sending you chickie hatching vibes [​IMG]
    I have 3 mystery eggs due the day after Christmas.

5. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i set eggs last nite that are all mystery ... one is a olive colored egg sooooo pretty! and some teeennnnyyy tiny blue eggs..... wonder whats in those??

6. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:Im guessing your going to have beautiful EEs in that hatch!
    I have an EE egg in my bator too.. [​IMG]

7. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Alright so the 14 eggs went up to 16 yesterday while i still had time.. i was hoping for at least 1 more EE egg or bantam egg but with this cold weather you never know!

8. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Hey good luck. I have the same 'due date' as you do (Jan9). I have 12 blue maran eggs and 9 ameracauna eggs. They are shipped eggs. Its been about 5 yrs since I last incubated eggs so we will see what happens lol.

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I'll keep watching but I will be no help whatsoever in figuring out what you have in those eggs, except the blue one marked "EE," I can help you with that. [​IMG]

10. rosaline

rosaline Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    England
    Quote:Im hatching out on 8th Jan. I have 6 Buff Orpington Bantam eggs. Im on day 2 and cant wait to candle them. [​IMG]

Good luck on hatchig [​IMG] x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by