Mystery Hatch

eclectic-em

Songster
Jan 26, 2021
Idaho
hello!! first time poster although i’ve gotten so much help reading these questions and forums before. so hi! i was hoping if i could get some speggculation about what breed my chick could be!

this is georgie who came from a “mystery” egg
C1CAD2C9-0B43-4D3F-A4D5-0811C818BFAB.jpeg

photo included if shell color helps
and then here are some progress pictures from the first days to currently they are 29 days in the last photo.
AB82BF50-CC84-4B1F-B2D7-548DD4725E8F.jpeg

3DE84A75-FBEB-4672-A1A3-E3935B803D34.jpeg

93809CD8-2155-46A5-B541-01BAEB1639AE.jpeg

funny little mid flight take off action
D06EB9BA-E9B9-4801-9CED-7749A840BB83.jpeg

day 28
F264437B-EBDC-490E-BCCF-7E091F9F4F84.jpeg

a photo in daylight on day 29 to see the colors better.

georgie was the only successful hatch (very sad) but is super outgoing and friendly as i socialize with them a lot, as seen above. so i cannot compare personality to any other chicks. georgie is out going and loves to play and hangout with me and on me but seems timid of new things at first but then goes all out (like a bird toy with a mirror and a bell for example)

so yes if you have any insight if georgie will be a george or georgina (i know it’s too early but predictions are welcomed) and what breed they may be i would love the insight! i’m just excited to know! :D thank you for your time!!

Looks like it hatched from a blue egg, is that correct? If so it's probably an Easter Egger.
i thought it was green but it actually looks more blue than the green egg that was actually labeled EE on the bottom left of the picture.
that’s what i’ve figured which is awesome but i’m like ahh what will they look like all grown up since EE’s are all kinds of colors hehe :)

i thought it was green but it actually looks more blue than the green egg that was actually labeled EE on the bottom left of the picture.
that’s what i’ve figured which is awesome but i’m like ahh what will they look like all grown up since EE’s are all kinds of colors hehe :)
If it was more green I still vote EE. :)

I was thinking a blue black splash Ameraucana but an EE would be more likely a gift mystery chick. Both can have that coloring. White with splashes of coloring is pretty.

I was thinking a blue black splash Ameraucana but an EE would be more likely a gift mystery chick. Both can have that coloring.
Wrong leg color-- chicks legs do change but by day 28 I feel there would be at least a little bit of slate showing through. Also the coloring doesn't appear to be blue, black, or splash.

Back
Top Bottom