Mystery Meat ~ What am I?

redhead83402

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Idaho
Hi All! We had purchased all 10 chicks (2 for each kid), and then I decided I just HAD to get 2 for myself as well ~ then one little one died ( one of mine) ~ so naturally I had to go get another, but the ones at the feed store just looked so.... mangy ~ so... I went to another feed store, and of course, they had this selection called ~assorted~, and so I just had to pick out another... uggh... FIVE ~

Anyway, long story short, I don't have a clue what these five are, although it stands to reason that the fuzzy footed ones are little cochins, and the one that looks like all the wyandotte chicks is likely wyandotte, and the one that looks like a penguin must be a black australorp, but this last one, is a TOTAL MYSTERY. Hence the name ~mystery meat~.

If any of you have a clue as to what she might be, I would be MUCH OBLIGED! (although I have to admit this, likely, the name mystery meat will stick :-D)

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all!! I have a few other ~mystery chicks~ as well, was hoping some of you could identify them for sure ~
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Pretty sure this one is a black australorp, judging by what I've seen here & on the net, but not quite sure.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

This one I keep leaning toward the Wyandotte type, but I really don't know.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

This is one of the cochins ~ at least, I think she must be a cochin, because her legs are so very hairy.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

And here we have the other hairy legs-cochin (again, I think..)
So what do you think, folks, are they just bland mixes, or do they have some pure-strained stamina to back up their cuteness levels?
~Red

Back
Top Bottom