Mystery mix pullet...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sred98, Oct 12, 2009.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    A friend of mine gave me this little bird. I think she might be a Mille Fleur mix and maybe something like OEGB?

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Shelly

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Does it have feathers on the feet?
    It looks like a Buff Brahma..

Chris

3. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    No, there are a few feathers on the shanks, but she is a tiny bird and a really flat comb. She has long legs and is a thin built bird. It's hard to get a good pic of her because out in the yard, she is in the tall weeds. She also has this growly cluck. I've never heard her make a normal chicken sound. She scared the kids when I got her, they thought there was an animal in the bushes about to eat them! [​IMG]

Shelly

4. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    buff brahma cross is my opinion

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You may be right about the cross- if you use Henk's chicken calculator- Mille Fleur x white gives you incomplete buff columbian.

6. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:That would make sense. If I had been able to get a picture of her standing up, you'd see that she is petite and skinny. She's fluffed up because it's miserable and rainy outside. My friend said she thought the guy she got her from had Mille Fleurs, and a mix of other game birds.

So I guess she is either a Mille Fleur or Buff Brahma/Game bird cross. I can't remember what color her legs are.

She's a cute little bird. She hangs out with the babies because the other chickens are too big. I love how she walks around growling all the time. [​IMG] I wonder when she lays eggs if she's going to finally sound like a chicken, or just growl the egg song??? [​IMG]

Thanks!

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by