Mystery of the Mini egg...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by scubagirlwonder, Mar 5, 2012.

1. scubagirlwonder

scubagirlwonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Sammamish, WA
    Hey all! Any idea why my Easter egger would lay this peewee egg after laying normally for the past year (other than not laying at all during molting/times of stress...)? And she hasn't layed anything since this one (about 4-5 days ago)-she's generally an egg every other day kinda girl (and occasionally every two days...)....She's acting healthy; eating well, active and being her usual goofy self. Pictured below are her last 4 eggs, I need to crack the peewee open, see what's inside!
    [​IMG]

2. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Looks like just a fart egg. Maybe no yolk. Could be at the end of her cycle. With no problems, she should start back in the next couple days.

1 person likes this.
  3. flocksalot

flocksalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Poynette WI
    A fart egg? [​IMG] Never heard that one before!

I know that once in a while chickens will do this, but yesterday when I went to gather eggs I found 4 of them in one nest box. 2 white, 1 brown, and 1 blue. They all are back to laying normal again, but that was really weird. Especially being that they were all in one nest box. There are 22 nest boxes in that house. One white has no yolk, one does, and I can't tell with the blue or the brown as the shells are too thick. Must be a solar flare or something. All I know is when I pulled those tiny little eggs out, looked at the girls, and said "who did this?" I got no definative answer. It was like they were all ignoring me or something. I told them they better not do that again, and still I think they ignored me. Secretly I think they are planning some April fools trick on me.

1 person likes this.
  4. LuvinChickens

LuvinChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    Northern, CA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by