Mystery orpington

Moxieleigh

Hatching
Mar 26, 2017
I have black and lavender Orpington. This roo came as a lavender. He has a 3 part comb, the 2 outside parts are slightly smaller than the main.

Sorry, I bought black chickens and lavender chickens, both orpingtons. The comb is lovely. Certainly does not look malformed, just very fancy. A regular high middle comb with a secondary on either side just slightly smaller

Sorry, I bought black chickens and lavender chickens, both orpingtons. The comb is lovely. Certainly does not look malformed, just very fancy. A regular high middle comb with a secondary on either side just slightly smaller

I meant the comb was incorrect from an exhibition standpoint. Unless you're showing him you're welcome to call it fancy all day long - doesn't make a difference in the backyard.

No, Splashes are not necessarily larger than other varieties. It's likely an individual difference.

Well as I managed to buy blacks that turned out to be all roosters, I guess he'll be part of my cull harvest. So blacks are black with single comb. Green sheen. What else makes them good. I have one black hen, she is English. So I want her with the best rooster I have.

Back
Top Bottom