Mystery pullet, Speckled Sussex? pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickNpink, Jun 5, 2011.

1. chickNpink

chickNpink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Missouri
    This is our little June. Does anyone know what she may be? I've been looking & think she's maybe a Speckled Sussex. She was chosen out the "Rare Breed Assortment" at a local feed store. Thanks so much!
    Her close-up shot [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With her "sisters"
    [​IMG]

2. casunbum

casunbum Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    She looks like a speckled sussex to me! I have one right now who is only a couple weeks old but i see a lot of similarities between the two. This breed is amazing.. my little one is the bravest of the crowd. She will jump right on my lap when I sit down and she practically follows me around the yard, getting all the rest to do the same. I love!

3. chickNpink

May 19, 2009
    Missouri
    Awwww...too cute! June won't "jump" right on me, but she sure is a curious one! She's always following me in the garden.....ever since I planted tomatoes & she found wroms! LOL! She must think I'll always be digging [​IMG]

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I agree Speckled Sussex ! I just love Speckled Sussexesssss!

5. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    yep [​IMG]
    lucky you,very friendly,nosey birds.love them [​IMG]

6. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    you'll be very hard pressed to find a more Friendly, sweet, puppy dog like chicken then a speckled sussex! LOL

7. chickNpink

May 19, 2009
    Missouri
    Thanks y'all! It's good to hear what a great breed they are! These are our 1st girls, so lots of learning as we go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by