Mystery TSC Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Blooms&Brood, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Blooms&Brood

Blooms&Brood Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2017
    KC Area
    I’ve never owned ducks before, so any advice is helpful. I did read that Un medicated chick starter is ok for the first 2 weeks (using Nutrena Naturewise) and never let them run out of water. I sanitized my chick brooder, reptile heating pad and feeding accessories. I hope to keep them in here for 3 weeks. That’s how long I normally use it for chicks.

Bin at TSC said assorted ducks. I saw them earlier this week and assumed they were Pekin. My husband agreed for me to pick up two for meat birds. I went today and well, there was only two left! Did I infact get Pekins? I know my local TSC gets their stock from Hoover’s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Don't use it ever on Ducklings no matter what anyone tells you...Get a feed that Ducklings can eat..

Julie Birb likes this.
  3. blayt90

blayt90 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 11, 2018
    Magee, Mississippi
    My Coop
    If I am not wrong you do not need to feed ducklings medicated feed for chicks. What is your post about? What happened or what info are you looking for?

chickens really likes this.
  4. Blooms&Brood

Dec 30, 2017
    KC Area
    Sorry, I was in the middle of writing my post and accidentally hit the post button. Joys of a “smart phone”

Wow! Everyone is so fast to reply!

blayt90 likes this.
  5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist Premium Member

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    Julie Birb and Blooms&Brood like this.
  6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist Premium Member

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    Also see if you can find a piece of cardboard or something and cover more of the wire floor so their little feet can't slip through the bars ;)

Looks like they are getting settled in nicely!

Blooms&Brood likes this.
  7. blayt90

blayt90 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 11, 2018
    Magee, Mississippi
    My Coop
    they look like pekin to me.

Blooms&Brood likes this.
  8. Blooms&Brood

Dec 30, 2017
    KC Area
    I’ll take a look into the feeding threads. I’m real big into fresh and wholesome feeds after the initial chick starter phase. I get fresh fruits and veg scraps from a local grocery (pick t up straight from the cooler). I hear ducks like watermelon.

9. Blooms&Brood

Dec 30, 2017
    KC Area
    Do you mean in addition to the heating pad? It covers a great deal of the cage. Yes, I’m happy they are calm with the heating pad. I picked it up brand new at an estate sale. Brooded 9 CW chicks on it. I will never use a heat lap again. I LOVE that they can go to sleep at night!!! I no longer dream about cheeping!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by