Mystery TSC Pullet

Fleabuskitty

Songster
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
199117_1312647872184_1710270092_559532_3693397_n.jpg

189258_1312647592177_1710270092_559530_4835193_n.jpg

200382_1312647792182_1710270092_559531_4538759_n.jpg

All three pictures are of Bella. I got her along with three like her and four BSL at Tractor Supply Co on Saturday. I am keeping her and one BSL and then raising the rest for other people, and I have no idea what breed Bella and her sisters are. They came from a bin labeled "Pullets", which said that they are the hatchery's choice of breeds. One of them, the biggest, has a bit of gray underneath her wing, and I noticed a bunch more in the bin that had gray. It looks like they have white earlobes. I thought Cornish Rock for a second, but then realized that they had another bin that was labeled "Cornish Rocks", so that wouldn't be it. I also thought maybe White Leghorn or White Plymouth Rock. As you can see, their feathers seem to be growing in white. Looking closely their combs look like single combs, but not sure. If needed, I will try to take pictures of the other three.

I am going to say cornish x. with the leg size, that is why I say this. is she bigger than all the other chicks?

this chick looks a little hefty to be leghorn. my leghorns stayed slim and longlegged.

Happy Chooks - Could be, but I got her from a bin labeled "Pullets"
hmm.png

BeccaOH - I don't think that's it, she looked just like all of the others in the same bin. We actually had to put a little green dot on Bella's head to tell her apart from the three we're not keeping.

As far as I know, though, Cornish Rocks don't have little gray spots. A couple of ours have a little gray, and many of the chicks in the "Pullets" bin had gray spots, too. Maybe California White? I also saw on the Privett Hatchery website they sell "Austra Whites".

I read that Cornish Rocks need their feed rationed because they eat constantly. These chicks don't eat nearly as much as the others, they seem to want to run around peeping more.
I really hope they're not Cornish Rocks! My little sister has really gotten attached to Bella and would be kind of upset if we had to kill them to keep them from dying of a heart attack or breaking their legs!

They're not Golden Comets, I know that. I have one Golden Comet pullet in the brooder with them, and she's a lot more red.

Quote:
If you're feeding 18-20% protein you shouldn't have to worry about legs and hearts even if cornish X. If it's cornish rock - no worries.
After the first week go with IR lights at night and only white light during the day and they won't eat as much.

Back
Top Bottom