Née chicken farmer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by momto2boys, Apr 7, 2016.

1. momto2boys

momto2boys New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    Hello, my family and i are new at chivken farming, im loving it, we bought 13 month old barred rock hens 2 weeks ago, they laid us a total of 10 eggs but then started eating them even though i checked the coop multiple times a day, i have found someone to buy these hens and we are picking up 6 20 week old blavk bovans tomomorrow. Ive done some research on them but does anyone have any tips anf tricks for this type of birf?

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Sorry, i am not familiar with the breed in question, but i am sure that someone will be along soon that does.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced poultry keepers - loads of info on anything poultry. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome
    We're glad you joined us!

I don't really have any tips with that type, but try looking in the reviews section on here and the learning center articles. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by