1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

N. Alabama/6 Turkey poults and 1 mutt chicken...Free~U PICKUP~(PICS)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PearlD, Jul 18, 2008.

1. PearlD

PearlD Songster

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    They are the last of the year, and they need to go!!
    2 Red Bourbon, 4 RB/Narragansett X.
    And one 3 week old chick, cockerel I think. (Someone laid a chicken egg under my turkey hen....... [​IMG])
    Send me a PM if you're interested!

Here's a few shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Songster

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Janet,
    I may have to come over and get 1 more of those BR turkeys and 1 more BR/Narganset. I like that 1 in the first pic. I still haven't figured out the sex on these 3 but my BR/Nar is a cute one also. I think I have 2 toms and a hen.

That little black chick is cute too.

I just had 3 BO and 3 RIR hatch yesterday and there is about 10 more eggs due to hatch in the next few days under those 3 broody Phoenix hen's I got out in the tractor.

Do you need a new Roo to replace your Houdan? I got a nice looking Black Australorp roo that is mature now you can have if you want him. Just let me know and I can bring him over. I got a nice looking RIR/Australorp mix I hatched out a couple months ago from a different Australorp roo.

Jayare

3. PearlD

PearlD Songster

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Great! Come get all you want!

I really don't want to replace the rooster.......Since I have the new Jersey Giant babies, I just want to focus on them and use my older chickens for eggs. I think after the trouble I've had selling chicks this summer, that I probably won't hatch anything else except for my Quail.
    Hopefully next year, I will have a JG Roo to separate with my hen!
    Again, come get all you want......if I'm not here, you know where they are! [​IMG]

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Songster

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Hopefully I get my new A/C installed here at the house today or if it's still not in then I'll try and stop by sometime and pick up a couple. This A/C unit bit the dust last week and it's been terribly hot here in the house the last few days for my Alaskan blood. :mad:

Jayare

5. PearlD

PearlD Songster

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Yuck! I would be in a hotel somewhere! I'm allergic to sweat!! [​IMG]
    Well, anytime you want to come by, just come on!

6. Bama chick

Bama chick In the Brooder

Aug 1, 2007
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Do you have any small chicks? I have one little Bob White who hatched late and needs some friends. He is just not thriving and I think it is because Bob Whites are flock birds. I'm just learning about quail, but I know he is not happy. I have chickens too, but no chicks. He is too little to be in with the rest of the quail. I think he is very lonely.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

7. JenMills4

JenMills4 Hatching

Jul 26, 2008
    I am interested in the Bourbon reds, please give me further info. Thanks

8. PearlD

PearlD Songster

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    BamaChick:

I have lots of Quail. They are $4 each, You are right.....they are flock birds and do not thrive alone. Please let me know if you want to pick some up!

Jen: My RB's are already gone, but I have 2 mixed RB/Narry's still ready for a home. You can see the colors in the last picture. One is the rusty red color on the far right, and the other is on the far right next to the black chick. It almost blends in with the ground!! These are free.
    Again please let me know.......

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  9. Hoover67

Hoover67 Songster

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    Boy would I love to see them roosting in my trees .... too bad I live in a subdivision!!!!! I don't think the neighbors would like it too much!
    Michele

10. PearlD

PearlD Songster

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Your probably right......but they are cute roosting at night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by