n. louisiana swaps?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by clintwilson59, Sep 8, 2010.

1. clintwilson59

clintwilson59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    does anyone know of any swaps in north west louisiana?

2. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    I'm having a hard time finding anything in Louisiana at all, Clint. I'll suscribe to this, however, and maybe just maybe someone will put up some sort of info.....

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    None that I know of -- the topic came up earlier in the year but everybody thought it was better to wait until after hurricane season & when the temps were cooler.
    Maybe post this in the La section & see is there any interest in having one?

4. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Thanks Terri. I'll try that. Had begun to wonder if maybe all the action was everywhere else, lol.

5. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

That would be cool to have a North Louisiana Swap... I know there are a lot of people around my area that have chickens.

6. New2Farming

New2Farming Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2014
    I live in NW Louisiana, Shreveport to be exact, we currently have 21 chickens. 5 Leghorns=2 girls(hens?) & 3 boys(roos?). 6 Pullets-not sure what breed they are will post pics to see if I can get help with that. I'm not sure if they are male or female either. I'm new to chickens so need lots of help. 10 Bantams of different breeds. Once I can figure out what breed the Pullets breed and gender I would like to find a male (if I don't have one). I will be breeding the leghorns for egg production and swapping and the Pullets for the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by