nail polish?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peeboo, Aug 24, 2009.

1. peeboo

peeboo Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    anyone ever go as far as to paint their chickens' nails? lol. dont know what inspired me to do so. i'm sure sheer stupidity [​IMG]

2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    No, but my daughters do this to all of our critters...even if they are boy critters LOL

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I would if DH wouldnt have me committed... [​IMG]

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I painted Bella the Welsummer's toenails bright pink so I could tell her apart from her sisters when she was younger. [​IMG] She looked so purty!

5. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Your too funny. My girls were standing all around me the other day and I looked at their nails and the thought did occur to me to put some polish on them but because they freerange they really need a manicure first!

6. peeboo

peeboo Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    lol it's so funny. Ron, one of my sex link hens followed me into the house and decided to relax on the couch and watch some t.v. she looked so cute that i asked my fiance if it would be a good idea to paint her nails. of course he went with it and helped to hold her still as i painted her pretty nails fire engine red lol. it's so funny because i let her back outside with the others, they all surround me and beg for food every chance they get...her red toes are such a contrast to all the others. it's so noticeable.

7. kees

kees Songster

Feb 5, 2008
    whoa...not yet...maybe next week!
    [​IMG]

8. MargaretYakoda

MargaretYakoda Songster

Jan 28, 2013
    Irondale, Wa
    I have blue nail polish on one of our Buff Orpingtons and bright pink on another. It's the only way I could figure out to tell them apart. It's been on a few days and so far there don't seem to be any ill effects.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: