NAIS/Premise ID and buying from hatcheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
This summer McMurray announced they would NOT conform to premise ID requests as if they register thier premise, then sell thier chicks to NON-premise IDed farms, those farms buying the chicks from a hatchery that was registered as a premise.. would then be forced to register..
In short if you buy animals.. chickens anything from someone that has registered thier propeerty as a premise.. you are now registered even if you didn't know it, or sign up for it..

Does anyone know if hatcheries are letting buyers know if they are NAIS free?

I think they need to for those of us that want to keep our property rights.

hi
stupid question coming... brace yourself... what does conforming to premise ID mean, what does it entail, and why wouldn't someone want to do so?
thanks
marwa

hmm, I had not thought of thisbut I seee how they wqould try to sneak it on us but how could they for those of us that have them sent to a PO box? I wounder if that would work? Sure makes me wounder about ordering any more chicks...Wounder if IDeal does.

Quote:
I still worry about it a little bit. Since when did something being unconstitutional stop the government from implementing or forcing it through anyway?

I will try and answer all the questions.. First and foremost NAIS IS NOT NULL AND VOID!!!!!!! Who ever told you that.. is miss informed.
What Premise ID is.. is the first step in the Animal ID program and voids your property.. When you register a premise the premise is then owned by a stake holder, your animals are part of a "national Herd" this IS a property disclosure since you don't actually own the property anymore, a stake holder does, and you are no longer covered by your state or the US constitutional property laws.

Yes.. NAIS and premise registration is voluntary under federal law, however.. if you have a child in 4-H or FFA, you know that the USDA has superseded legislation by giving Tyson a "grant" (coughs... bribe) to require all fair goers to register their parents ( not their as they are minors) property as a premise in order to show hogs .. next year it will be all livestock shown. So NO.. its not dead and null... grants are being given to large companies to supersede legislation.

Yes.. you will be effected if you have a PO box.. as your name, state and zip code will be recorded and more info will be required if you buy from a hatchery that is registered in the premise ID program. You may have already been ask for your address from your feed store.

All registries are also being ask to turn over the names and addresses of anyone with registered stock.. cows, horses, you name it.. This hasn't passed yet.. but is in the works and bribes.. I mean grants.. have already been taken by many registries to turn over this privet info to the USDA..

Where you buy chickens does matter.. Murray McMurray issued a statement this year saying they refused to participate in the Premise ID program as it would effect their customers.

I wonder how many others have also followed Murray McMurrays example?
I have many informative "files" that anyone can read to update them selves on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nonaisinia/ This is an Iowa based group but anyone can join and read the files.. some are this weeks and all are up to date.

Last edited:
Quote:
Then you have Doreen Hannes on your side.. lucky you.. You have some real fighters in that state they have done more good as a group than any other state.. way to go
thumbsup.gif

Actually NAIS is alive and well. It is happening in Michigan, voluntary at this point, but being pushed big time. I just ran into this when trying to get goat tags. They tried to insist I register with NAIS, I refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom