Naked Neck Amerucana Mix- What males or females??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Brownies115, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    I have 9, 2 month (almost 3 month) old chicks and I need help sexing them. I can already tell that 3 of those 9 will be hens while 1 will be a rooster. I'm not sure about the other 5. Note: they were born around the end of November beginning of December (I used this video for help since its been pretty useful )

1. Olive
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So this first one here has a light pink comb and undefined tail feathers. It never fights with the others so I'm leaning hen but the tail has me confused

2. Butters
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The same goes for the second one here. It has a light pink comb and undefined tail feathers. It doesn't fight so I think it might also be a hen.

3. Rudolph
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This one here has somewhat broadish tail feathers and a red comb. Its the youngest so its probably 1 1/2 months old by now. He fights a lot with one of the oldest ones so I'm pretty sure hes a rooster.

4. Arnold
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This here is Arnold. We named it that because he kinda reminded us of Arnold Schwarzenegger [​IMG]. Anyways this one doesn't fight that much. It has broad tail feathers and its comb is starting to become red. This is the one that I'm the least sure about.

5. Rice
    [​IMG]
    I'm 99% sure that this one is a rooster since he's the biggest and he has thick legs along with a prominent comb.

Anyways what do you guys think? Are these hens or roosters?

Also, this goes for all except Rice, but their legs aren't thick or anything.

EDIT: I updated the pictures and added in some full body ones without the hands.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    For now, Rice looks like the only definite cockerel to me.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree on Rice, nice looking guy

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Full body shots without hands in the way would really help. Rice is definitely male. I also suspect Arnold.

5. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    Haha thanks!

6. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    Yea from watching several videos and seeing how fast hes grown up its a definite giveaway

7. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    Oh sorry about that! Its just really hard to get them to stay in one place. [​IMG]
    Arnold was fighting a little bit with Rudolph this morning so also I think he might be a rooster.

8. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Patience is the key. But one really good full body shot is so much better than a bunch with hands in the way.

9. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    I'll try to get a good shot of them tomorrow. I think some treats might help. [​IMG]

10. Brownies115

Brownies115 New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    [​IMG]-Arnold

[​IMG]-Rudolph

[​IMG]-Butters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]-Olive
    UPDATE: here are some full body pictures of them! I hope they aren't too dark or blurry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by