1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Naked Neck Araucana Cross?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Allkindsofkinds, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Allkindsofkinds

Allkindsofkinds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Wondering what other breed my NN pullet has in her. Thinking araucana as she has only ever grown one tail feather. Also, what is this colour called?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Aww, she looks like a little vulture (please don't take that the wrong way - I think she's adorable). I know nothing about this breed (we don't have them in the country I'm in) but it may just be that she needs to go through another juvenile moult before growing a tail. I just think she's so cute! Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along to admire her soon.

3. Allkindsofkinds

Mar 27, 2016
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Lol. It's ok. I am working on teaching her to perch on my arm when called! I love the weird ones!

4. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    she is so ugly sh is cute lol

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Naked Neck mix

6. Allkindsofkinds

Mar 27, 2016
    Apache Junction, AZ
    I know that. I was wondering what the other part of that mix is.

7. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    It could be any thing mixed with NN

8. janglehand

janglehand New Egg

Aug 5, 2016
    I'd say your right about it being a turken/americauna mix, I've seen a few americauna's with that color. The small but thick comb that extends to her nostrils is definitely an americauna trait. Unlike most pure turkens her wattles look pretty small too, another americauna trait. I've seen people call turkens with mixed colors like that a "Splash", in this case it would be a white and black splash.

I'm not sure about her tail, it will probably grow in eventually as long as shes not getting them plucked out by other chickens. Shes still adorable without one though.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What a neat color, don't know what it's called. Doesn't look like the splash coloring a silkie has.

10. Allkindsofkinds

Mar 27, 2016
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Hey all! She is an ameraucana cross! Two of her eggs next to an egg from my CCL
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by