Naked Neck Silkies?

crayon

Songster
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
Hillman Michigan
Where can I get some naked neck silkies?

I had 2 handsome roosters and a **** fox was INSIDE my coop tonight when my daughters went to close it- got my boys and they were my girls' show chickens. I can find silkies easy enough, I guess.. But searching online it seems impossible to find naked necks. I had got them at a fowl festival 2 months ago- so I do not know where they were hatched...

The closer to MI the better...

HELP!!!

nakedneck silkies is really the correct turm for showgirls i when i show my showgirls i show them as naked neck silkies

if you google showgirls silkies and google nakedneck silkies - showgirls brings up a ton of breeders and information. nakedneck silkies brings up less (but still a fair amount). I don't know anything about the breed because I'm not fond of their necks at all, but saying "showgirls" is still good information to post, because they are commonly known as that. When people say nakedneck, turkens are the first chickens that come to mind (for me anyway). And the poster didn't say showgirls was the correct term - they said naked neck silkies are called showgirls, which they are.

Last edited:
I purchased my 2 roosters from Fowl Fest here in Michigan in October. The breeder told me they were called Naked Necks, so that must be the more "technical term". When I walked around looking at birds at the show they were shown under "Naked Neck Silkie"- so the term Showgirl is more of a "public" known name (I am guessing- lol ).....

Searching for Naked Neck Silkie or Showgirl Silkie you come up with little either way! I wish I had the name of the man who I bought the 2 from.... It would be nice to call him up and see if he has any- I so thought I should have asked when I was standing there.

Here are the ones we had (my younger daughters was the one the fox got)

The girls run a little business selling eggs and raising their laying flock- but their silkies are their show birds. My youngest daughter is super small, so a silky is easy for her to deal with in a show. :)

thank you all for your help. Chickendales, thanks for the clarification on the naked neck v's the showgirl term! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom