Naked Neck X Naked Neck

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by leadwolf1, Jul 10, 2011.

1. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I have 4 NN pullets and would like to get them a man. My choices right now are a red/white EE roo and a barred NN roo. I was wondering if breeding NN to NN would result in bowtieless NNs. If that is the case, would it be better to breed to the EE roo? I like both of these roos and need a reason to pick one over the other. I want bowtied babies so this would be the "tie" breaker [​IMG] Please, I would appreciate any imput...

2. Hi! Your Naked Neck girls have big bow-ties? This might help you decide:
    Quote:Yes, breeding *Naked Neck to Naked Neck can give you some 'bow-tie-less' Naked Necks, but you'll also get 'bow-ties' Naked Necks, and some feather-necks.
    Breeding to ** featherneck (the EE) with your Naked Neck will give you half naked necks and half feather-necks.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for the info...unfortunately, it didn't make my choice any easier:confused:

I think I will go with the barred naked neck. He has a bowtie and feathered legs [​IMG]

Yes, my girls, have bowties...All but one and she just has one feather [​IMG] Don't they normally have them? These are my first NNs and I love them to death. I would love to get some bantam ones, I see that you have some. I just am a huge fan of bantams and prefer them over the LF. I just love their personalities. My girls, 12 weeks, still love to perch and sleep on us.

Thanks again for the help.

4. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Did you mention they have feathered legs?

5. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    The cockeral that I am thinking about getting is barred and has feathered legs. I know that he is a mix but he is really, very cute and is the same age as my girls

6. Hi! Yaaay! That would probably be my choice also.
    Did someone show his pic on the NN Thread (I remember a barred NN cockerel w/ feather legs that someone didn't want to keep)? If that's the same bird, then he's a darling.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    Could be the same. I found him on the byc auction page. He is adorable! I wanted to get him then but I thought some of my girls were guys [​IMG] They have since proven me wrong and I am so glad [​IMG] This little guy is so adorable. I am actually going to fly up to NY to pick him up [​IMG] My husband is still shaking his head and laughing that he is actually going to fly me to NY to pick up a chicken [​IMG]

I think with your help, I have made my choice [​IMG]:celebrate

Thanks so much for your advice! Keep me in mind if you get any cute little bantam NNs that you would like to adopt out [​IMG]

8. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
  9. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    Just went through the whole NN/Turken thread and yes, that's him [​IMG]

10. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    He is really cute. When they have babies, post some pics. I can't believe you are flying to pick up a chicken. My DH thought I was crazy for driving a couple of hours to pick up some.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by