naked necks in la *all placed*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by naked_neck, Nov 15, 2007.

1. naked_neck

naked_neck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2007
    louisiana
    all NN and ducks have been placed.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Are you like 2 hrs North of baton rouge? I really would want some NN but BR is already about 2 hours from me [​IMG] Wish they had people around here.

3. naked_neck

Aug 18, 2007
    louisiana
    yeah, im north of BR. where are you located?

4. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I'm about two hours south of BR. [​IMG] Towards the Grand Isle area

5. naked_neck

Aug 18, 2007
    louisiana
    we may be going to BR around the middle of december. ill let you know for sure when i find out. let me know if youre still interested.

i still have a bunch of chicks left. ill have more next spring hopefully and maybe some silkie/NN crosses as ill be starting on breeding showgirls next year. they will be first generation but should be good as breeders for starting your own flocks.

if all goes as planned, i also may have some sumatra/NN x and americana/NN x next year (as i will start breeding for color).

6. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    let me know if you go to BR...I'm also starting a breeding program on showgirls. I have a hen and cockerel right now (couple generation...don't remember off the top of my head) along with some showgirl eggs in the bator and of course my silkies! Maybe we can end up trading some eggs or something. [​IMG] I can give you an email for a lady from this site who you can get some nice showgirls from if your interested. Just send me a PM.

7. naked_neck

Aug 18, 2007
    louisiana
    we could work something out on a trade but i dont really want any eggs. if you have chicks or adults i would swap. im reluctant to get eggs because i would hate to get them, incubate and then none or just a few hatch.

if i cant sell them here i can bring them to mamou. they have a livestosk auction there i think every week. i talked to a guy and he said i could get at least $5-6 for each of them. with the way feed prices keep rising here i need the money now more than the birds.

i would rather the money or grown birds over chicks but will consider my options.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by