Naked Necks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tlb8080, Sep 3, 2016.

1. tlb8080

tlb8080 New Egg

Aug 30, 2016
    Was trying to get some more insight on naked necks. How's thier egg production? Meat to bone ratio? Time to slaughter weight? What's thier temperament like? Good foragers? Does well in confinement or free range? Looking to get some good info on this lovely breed bc they are interesting to me and I'd like to own some. Thanks!

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Try the advanced search function...here I'll get you started, click on the underlined, italicized links below.
    advanced search>titles only> naked necks
    advanced search>titles only> turkens

3. tlb8080

tlb8080 New Egg

Aug 30, 2016
    Thanks already tried that and it's just a bunch of picks and conversation that is too much to sort thru so I was trying to get a quicker answer.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

5. nikkers390

nikkers390 Chillin' With My Peeps

All I can give you is my own experience. My NN are the best chickens in my mixed flock. They are the hardiest, sweetest, great egg layers. They seem strong when it comes to tolerating heat (SW FL) and disease. some of mine were the friendliest of the flock some were great broodies and moms. I do not eat my own chickens, but I can say they grow fast and are of a nice big size. They were originally bred as meat birds.
    Others may have a different experience, but I will never be without these amazing birds.[​IMG]

6. nikkers390

nikkers390 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh yes, they are great foragers, but do well when confined to a pen and get along with the whole flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by