Nakid dog farm* hatching time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NakidDogFarm, May 24, 2018.

1. NakidDogFarm

NakidDogFarm In the Brooder

May 18, 2018
    Hey everyone, this is my first year hatching.
    A local friend has been giving my family eggs. A good portion of these eggs are fertilized I have no idea what the breeds of chickens are I won't know I suppose until they grow up a little bit they're awfully cute 6 of hatch so far this is my 3rd run on eggs in incubator the first two runs were in the incubator without a gauge I went on YouTube and found somebody talkin wonders about a gauge that you could buy at Walmart for $8 digital which tells you the temperature and the humidity and it's a wonder. Since I put the gauge in there my eggs are doing much better this is an old incubator that was my fiance's grandmother's it's a little giant it is not digital it has no Turner well it had a Turner but the Turner was no good. I've been making do with what I had and hoping that I would get a hatch I now have six little chirpy chicks and there are still more hatching. I can't tell other than candling them what stage of hatching there in because these eggs are been collected in all stages of growth. Some of them seem to hatch a lot sooner than their other runs are doing. it's an interesting process trying to candle and figure out what stage there and I've watched a ton of candling videos and actually made a couple of my own which I have up on my YouTube channel name the same as my name above naked dog Farm the reason why I call it naked dog Farm it's because I have three hairless dogs 1 one Mexican hairless into American hairless terriers they are my sweethearts. right now I'm waiting on a check but seem to be chirping this morning when my fiance got up but I haven't heard making noise all day and I didn't know if something was wrong then I saw which egg it was in all different stages of growth most of them do sometime between this week and next I've had for hatch out yesterday and and to hatch out about 4 or 5 days before that. as I said there and all different stages of growth when I get them I generally just candle the bucket of eggs brought to the house and the ones that have visible chicks in them I put aside if they're not visibly growing at that point I don't put them in the incubator. with five teenagers those are for breakfast. however the teenagers don't like cracking eggs open that up half-grown chicks in them and that's why I started candling them the girls were really freaked out and swore they were never going to eat eggs again. they have not come across any more that are like that since I started candling. Anyway that's about the longest little story on here that I possibly could write and not for everybody I will try to add some photos of the chicks that have hatched so far taken within the last day or so.I 20180517_135951.jpg

2. N F C

N F C booooo!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Congrats on your new chicks!

3. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read more

Welcome! :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.
    Naked dog pics please. :love
    This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching vibes your way :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

5. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    :welcome Congratulations on your hatch! Beware it’s addictive! I’m a hatchaholic :gig

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Congrats on the hatch! :jumpy :love Nothing more rewarding than watching an egg turn into a chick. Good luck with the rest of the hatch!!

Welcome to our roost!! :)

7. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. Congratulations on your hatch!:jumpy

I noticed in your pic, that the temp was 109°F and 39% RH, is that correct? or is it 100°F, kinda hard to see with a beak in the way :lau

8. NakidDogFarm

May 18, 2018
    I know I wound up hatching at about 23 I had one born with or hatched with wry neck that didn't make it and to that kind of in didn't do so hot I got one right now after a week or so that was kind of getting beaten up by the bigger chickens and I'm trying to keep it alive but I don't know if it's going to make it or not either so I've got about 19 out of that hatch and I'm looking for more eggs of another breed

007Sean and Farmer Connie like this.
  9. NakidDogFarm

May 18, 2018
    Spoiled

Attached Files:

10. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    chickda2s.gif hi.gif