Name all the 5 toed breeds you can think of-please??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sonew123, Oct 10, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Hi all, Im still trying to figure out part of my roos background-he has 5 big fat toes. The 4th and 5th are touching-not fused just very close-I have never had a bird, besides a silkie with this. what other breeds in a large standard size would have these toes?? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    silkie is all i can think of i would guess its ameraucana/silkie mix i have one of those

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Faverolles.

Yours looks like an EE X Silkie or EE X Faverolle.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Thats what everyone was saying on the breed when posted last week. Not a silkie cross though? He's got to be 10 lbs and at alomost 6 months old thats big isnt it? I hope he is a EE cross x Favorelle-I love colored eggs and have most that lay brown no white though...Its just really bugging me on this one..IDK why?

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Dorkings have five toes, and he probably is a EE X Dorking or possibly a faverolle cross.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Thats what everyone was saying on the breed when posted last week. Not a silkie cross though? He's got to be 10 lbs and at alomost 6 months old thats big isnt it? I hope he is a EE cross x Favorelle-I love colored eggs and have most that lay brown no white though...Its just really bugging me on this one..IDK why?

Problem is... no green legs???

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    1- Dorking
    2- Faverolles
    3- Houdan
    4- Silkies
    5- Sultan

Chris

8. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Barred Rock X Faverolle?

10 lbs!

WOW!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

Problem is... no green legs???

nope no green legs-yellow/white with sporadic feathering down to the toes-but not realy on the toes! He's at my back door crowing up a storm-hes the loudest rooster Ive ever owned but nice to the girls

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Problem is... no green legs???

nope no green legs-yellow/white with sporadic feathering down to the toes-but not realy on the toes! He's at my back door crowing up a storm-hes the loudest rooster Ive ever owned but nice to the girls

That is interesting that there are no green legs on your boy. But I would say Ameraucana/Salmon Faverolle cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by