Name all the stupid things you've manage to do over an egg!

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
Well heres a definetly stupid start.....

I was cleaning my duck kiddie pool today patching up a crack with super glue, I finish stick the hose in the kiddie pool and I see my FIRST egg! Woo! im excited! I stick the super glue in my back pocket climb in their box thing and get the egg, run to the house to show it off manage to trip and scrape my arm up DETERMINED that the egg dont break, Take a picture come in my room sit down and post it on BYC.. I feel something wet and hard....

THE SUPER GLUE TUBE BUSTED AND NOW THE BACK OF MY PANTS AND THE CHAIR IS GLUED TO ME....

get that taken care of got my egg in the bator and walk outside....

THE CHICKS ARE RUNNING AROUND THE YARD BECAUSE I LEFT THE DOOR OPEN....

THE DUCKS IS IN THEIR GIANT POND BECAUSE I LEFT THE HOSE ON IN THE KIDDIE POOL SO THE DUCK PEN FLOODED..........

Well atleast the ducks were happy

Im almost scared if that egg hatches its gonna become some psychopathic duck/chicken and kill me.....
lau.gif

Yeahh... Please tell me now that the egg is in the bator im safe now right?
hide.gif
RIGHT???

Last edited:
I am just good at dropping them and forgetting I have one in my pocket...sheesh what a mess...and I tend to take too many pictures of them to bore my family with...

Well, went out the other night, picked up 5 eggs. Been yelling at boy child to use the basket, so, I put them in the basket. Send girl child to fill up feeders. Girl child screams, rat in barn. Go to get rat and girl child, sit basket of eggs in the wagon. Goats hear feed barrell, jump on wagon, break 2 eggs. UUGGHH 3 left. Send girl child off to check baby hen house. Hear girl child fussing. Pick up basket, go to baby hen house. Set eggs on ground in basket. Girl child fighting with Momma hen. Explain to girl child it is fine if you dont reach for babies. 100+ pound 8 month old great pyreness very excited to see girl child screaming. Comes BOUNDING across field, hits egg basket. One more egg broke. DOUBLE UGGGGHHHH. Give girl child basket, send her to check on cow water. Off she goes. Cow water good. Girl child around barn, hear girl child yelling at said 8 month old 100+ pound puppy. He wants to play. Girl child is 13, and smaller than said puppy. Puppy knocks egg basket out of girl childs hands. One more egg broke. Triple UUGGGHHHHH! Girl child gives said puppy all the broken eggs. GET IN THE HOUSE. Shew, one egg left. Get on with nightly stuff, housework, cooking, homework. Boy child, 15, needs egg for science experiment homework- just take the one in the basket (might as well as it was lonely!). Yup, boy child drops egg in sink, cracks egg, and now, has no egg for science experiment.

Eggs- 5- Countrywife-0

I'm an avid 'use the egg-basket' type with my 4 year old, since he always seems to break eggs he puts in his pockets. So this past winter, rather than giving my 'feels like gold' mille fleur d'uccle's egg to him, I stuck it in my pocket for safe keeping. Then I proceeded to lean over the rabbit cage (on legs on the floor, about waist high) and break the prized egg in my pocket
hmm.png
I think it would have been safer with the DS
gig.gif

Here is what I thought!
Quote:
YAY!
I stick the super glue in my back pocket

Uh-oh!
climb in their box thing and get the egg, run to the house to show it off manage to trip and scrape my arm up DETERMINED that the egg dont break, Take a picture come in my room sit down and post it on BYC.. I feel something wet and hard....

Uh-oh!
THE SUPER GLUE TUBE BUSTED AND NOW THE BACK OF MY PANTS AND THE CHAIR IS GLUED TO ME....

Oh no! But I can't help giggling!
get that taken care of got my egg in the bator and walk outside....

THE CHICKS ARE RUNNING AROUND THE YARD BECAUSE I LEFT THE DOOR OPEN....

Oh my.
THE DUCKS IS IN THEIR GIANT POND BECAUSE I LEFT THE HOSE ON IN THE KIDDIE POOL SO THE DUCK PEN FLOODED..........

Must have been a lot of water....
Well atleast the ducks were happy

Agreed.
Im almost scared if that egg hatches its gonna become some psychopathic duck/chicken and kill me.....
lau.gif

You never know....
Yeahh... Please tell me now that the egg is in the bator im safe now right?
hide.gif
RIGHT???

I hope so! You went to a lot of effort for that egg!

I hope it will hatch! Fingers crossed!​

I first got chickens a year and a half ago. The time was nearing for the eggs to start coming, I checked the coop 12 times a day for weeks. When that very first egg showed up you would have thought it was gold. At first it was like I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Maybe I wanted it so badly I was hallucinating.
I wasn't!!!!!!
it was real!!!!!! I grabbed the egg and bolted for the house. Dancing and shouting all the way I burst into the living room. 1 hubby, 3 sons and 8 of their friends look up at me with pure concern on their faces. They weren't sure If I was having a stroke or heart attack.

"THE FIRST EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", I scream and proudly display the long awaited prize.

At which point I trip over the dog and land on the egg.

Teenagers are still laughing

Back
Top Bottom