Name for a dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by thecochincoop, Jun 6, 2011.

1. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I am going to register my dog to compete in the akc events but I need to come up with a registered name for him. His name is Diesel and he's a Great Pyrenees / Border Collie mix. I drove from Ohio to get him from the pound in Tennessee. so far I have come up with Tenessee Diesel Smoke but if anyone has any other suggestions that they would like to post please do [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    Well I just love the name Scout...I keep trying to use it but my kiddos always get the vote (we have lots of sci-fi character names)

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Maxamillion [​IMG]

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    I am also in favor of Tennessee diesel smoke. But the dog doesn't have to be pure bred to compete?

5. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:The AKC started a mixed breed program that allows mixed breeds to compte and ern titles in everything but confermation. As for a name what about Tennese's Diesel truck?

6. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    No I think Diesel Smoke has a much better ring.

7. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    I like the name you already picked out. It tells where he came from his color to a point and if his pet name is diesel I think its perfect!

8. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    Nice Name he's a pretty boy. But he looks like he might have Staffy in him too. His skull/jaw-to-Nose ratio and eye shape and placement is very staffy-like. He has a lot of bone too.

9. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    He's a gorgeous boy! I like Tennessee Diesel Smoke.

I have a hard time seeing GP in him, though. BC, maybe, and absolutely some sort of Staffy blood.

10. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    He is really pretty, but I sure don't see a drop of GP in him. He looks like a border collie/pit bull cross to me. Does he have double dew claws on his back legs? That's a very common GP trait that is easily passed on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by