Name my chicken! (with story and picture)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Crobby, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Crobby

Crobby New Egg

Jul 1, 2011
    Hello, I raised 8 assorted chickens from the egg and they lived on the side of my house, unfortunately, I also raised two labrador retrievers from birth and as I left early yesterday to go fishing, I mistakenly left the gate in the fence that seperates them slightly open. So when my family and friends got back from the fishing trip we all went in the backyard to prepare our freshly caught salmon and were greeted by two of the happiest dogs Ive ever seen and [​IMG] 7 dead chickens:( !!! There were feathers everywhere and it was a terrible sight. I thought the other hen had been killed somewhere else and we just couldnt find it, but to my surprise, later that day, our little barred rock pullet (3 months old) was sitting on the backyard fence by himself. I put the dogs inside, picked her up, brought her to his coop and gave her some corn. Now that she is very name-worthy, what should I name the sole-surviving devastated and lonely barred rock? Thanks for helping.

[​IMG]

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Very beautiful pullet! I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG] [​IMG]

Names:

Ella
    Angel
    Miracle
    Lucky

???????

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    very sorry. I would name her after a strong woman that means a great deal to you.

4. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    is it a he or she? you say pullet, he, she, she, he, him, her [​IMG]

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love &amp; Happy Chickens

Most definitely a female. How about KIMI: Algonquin name meaning secret since she'll never tell you how she survived.

6. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:That's GOOD.

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Brave Barbara
    Amelia Egghart
    Princess Layer
    Cleopatra

8. Amelia Egghart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Susan? for Susan B Anthony

Elizabeth? for Elaizabeth Stanton

Manon Rheaume? She is the first woman to play in an NHL game, 1992. If she can whop a dog!

Hillary Rodham Clinton? for whopping a dogs as%

10. Cab the Mane

Cab the Mane Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    If only I knew some famous examples of sole survivors to suggest as names. Since she's brave(to return to the yard with the dogs out) and everyone thought she died somewhere unknown, perhaps Amelia(for the famous aviator Amelia Earhart who went missing) would be a good name!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by