Name my Patridge Wyandotte Bantam!! (Pics!!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pixie74943, Jun 30, 2010.

1. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    [​IMG]

I cant think of a name for this girl! She's adorable, and I love her, and I just brought her home today. She seems so sweet, and she has the tiniest little wings, and I cant think of a name for her! nothing I come up with seems good enough!!

[​IMG]

That is her 'sister' Alice in the background. Alice is a blue EE, hopefully going to give me lovely blue eggs (curioser and curiouser). Alice is younger (so I'm told, and I believe) but shes bigger and has had a peck at both me, and my little wyandotte baby. [​IMG] Hopefully when she settles in she'll have some better manners.

Help my BYC friends!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    [​IMG]
    Quote:I don't have a name for her,sorry.And if may be just the lighting but she doesnt really look partridge.Her hackles kind of look silvery.If partridge she would be all brown i thought?I dont know.But she is a very pretty bird none the less.! :) [​IMG]

3. pixie74943

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Quote:I don't have a name for her,sorry.And if may be just the lighting but she doesnt really look partridge.Her hackles kind of look silvery.If partridge she would be all brown i thought?I dont know.But she is a very pretty bird none the less.! :) [​IMG]

shh, shes not proper patridge

Her neck is silver and black, her body seems partridge, but not very defined markings, kinda blurry dark&light rings of brown. Shes gorgeous though, and she's just a pet/layer so I dont mind that she's not 'proper' colouring, she's gorgeous!

4. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793

shh, shes not proper patridge

Her neck is silver and black, her body seems partridge, but not very defined markings, kinda blurry dark&light rings of brown. Shes gorgeous though, and she's just a pet/layer so I dont mind that she's not 'proper' colouring, she's gorgeous!

Well whatever color she is,she is a gorgeous bird.

5. pixie74943

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    I hope shes happy moving in with me. The guy I bought her from had EVERY kind of bird, chickens, ducks, geese. Also sheep, pigs, goats.

Unfortunately he let them all roam together, there were soo very many roosters [​IMG]

Dont get me wrong, I would go back there, all the birds were happy and healthy, not skittish or dirty (except for one poor girl who got into a battle with a roo, he had her by the back of the neck and she was not happy)

Anywho, this comment is really just to bump it up a bit, tell you where she came from, AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO NAME MY BABY!!

btw, while I was there, I saw what I think was a serama roo... his head was about level with my ankle, I could've tucked him in my pocket and snuck him home, hehe

6. pixie74943

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    last ditch bump... its bedtime in Aus so hopefully when I come back I'll have some lovely names for my baby

Rin? to short. Elli, too common. Serah, doesnt sound right when I look at her.

at this rate she'll be called 'baby' 'gorgeous' and 'cuddles' for her whole life

7. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    I think she looks like a Gwen. I had partridge Cochin named Gwen, she was small and sweet, sadly we lost her to some form of chicken cancer. [​IMG]

I hope you find a name [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  8. sakesler

sakesler Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2010
    Patty of corse or Dolly (goodbye Dolly my cochin:()

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  9. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Serena, Celia, Nikita, Sally, Muppet, haha idk these are just off the top of my head! [​IMG]

10. hilareee

hilareee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    santa cruz, ca
    Paisley?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by