Name suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Well it's not looking like I'm going to find homes for any of these kittens. Most will probably get to become barn cats, it's a shame since some want so badly to be lap cats. So anyway I'm considering claiming this one for myself, but haven't been able to think of a name (I've been really horrible w/ names lately, haven't even named my rabbit I've had for a few months already). Here are some pics, it's a boy, his eyes are crossed and I think he may not see real well.
    [​IMG]
    (he's the one in the front)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions for the others would be good to, they will also need names, there are two girls and three boys total.
    Thanks!

2. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Since it looks like you are going to end up with all five, how about theme names? Pick a Shakespearean play or a movie or something, and name the kittens after characters.

3. fopzuu

fopzuu Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2007
    Maryland
    For whatever reason....I instantly thought Simon.

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I thought about theme names, and they will all need names, but my sister has named one of the females Mindy, so not sure how that will fit in! I won't end up w/ all of them, I can not care for 5 extra cats, they technically belong to my sister in law, I just thought I may claim this one to help out (I need another cat like a hole in the head). He'd be the only one that is actually mine.

I do really like the name Simon! I almost think it may suit one of the other males better though. I think I'll try it out on all three, and see who fits it best!

Thanks for the help!

5. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am horrible with names, but I think he is very cute. I also like Simon.

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I just named my pullets that are 3+ months old. I took the baby name book and looked at the pullet to decide what letter her name would start with. Then looked into the book for one that I liked.

7. Crest Acres Girl

Crest Acres Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    Samantha! Sammy for short [​IMG]

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I think you should name him Frankie.....Frankie Blue Eyes!! You know..Frank Sinotra?? (sp?) Those are some pretty blue eyes!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by