Name that bird

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thumbless, Apr 29, 2017.

1. thumbless

thumbless Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    This was my free rare chicken.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

White crested polish

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    adorable white crested polish - if ONLY the crest would stay like that - perfectly round and full - it would be a pullet.

4. King CreekRanch

King CreekRanch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    2X

5. GaChicklette

GaChicklette Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2017
    Rockmart, Georgia
    Since I have no opinion on the breed I will go with White Crested Polish for the win...very cute!! However...she reminds me of the young man my daughter had a mad crush on at age 12 (she is now 35 and recently confessed she knew his name)---James. I called him q-tip head. We beg to differ! In a chick its adorable...in a young man prospect...not so much!

6. thumbless

thumbless Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    This chick has had a hard life already. Opened the coop this morning found her dead at least I thought she was dead. I have a dog that that was messing around the coop and somehow unplugged my drop cord which killed the heat lamp. It was 54 degrees in there not what two day old chickens need. So I plugged the cord back in and picked up the dead chicken and headed toward the trash can and I felt her squirm in my hand. Oh s*** she is still alive. Darted for the house and wrapped her in a heating pad. The pictures posted are after all this happened. She back out there with the light brahmas that I ordered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by