Name that Breed! I need some help, pics included!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bec, May 17, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Here are my little bantams, I have no idea as to what breed. I posted pictures of them as day olds and got several different options.

Any new guesses?

He is standing funny in these pictures [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little guy is my favorite, what a sweetie!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the 3rd one, has almost identical markings to the one above, just in gold with white tipped feathers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The bottom two are Silver Laced and Gold Laced Cochins, IMO. The first one may be a RIR. Mine usually have those wing markings.

3. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Hi there! Im thinking maybe Silver laced Cochin and Gold laced Cochin? They are super cuties! Oops, the first one I have no clue but it sure has a little cute face! Sandy

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. Bec

Wow, Thank you!
    I had no idea RIR could be Bantams! They are about 3-4 weeks old, so I am guessing on the way that little one is feathering so slowly, it is most likely a boy?

The little silver cochin is a boy, I am pretty sure and I am still on the fence about the gold one. I am hoping I get at least 1 girl out of the bunch! These are my first bantams!

5. Bec

Quote:That 1st one is so funny, when ever we go over to the brooder, he begs to be picked up! He will stand up on his tippy toes and stretch his neck up to you and follow until you pick him up. Then he makes happy noises and settles right in! I have no idea how I would ever part with these boys (if in fact they turn out to be boys) I guess I could try to keep them all....

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:That 1st one is so funny, when ever we go over to the brooder, he begs to be picked up! He will stand up on his tippy toes and stretch his neck up to you and follow until you pick him up. Then he makes happy noises and settles right in! I have no idea how I would ever part with these boys (if in fact they turn out to be boys) I guess I could try to keep them all....

Sounds to me like you need to buy some more chickens to keep the roosters happy!
    I need more too, I just dont have a good reason!! [​IMG]

7. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    you can never have to many chickens [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois

Sounds to me like you need to buy some more chickens to keep the roosters happy!
    I need more too, I just dont have a good reason!! [​IMG]

You know my little honey comb is just like your little one he was and still is the sweetest little boy, he would insist on being held and when you did he would just chatter and talk to me and then fall asleep in my arms, I swore up and down no roosters, hmmmm that resolve didn't last long! Honey comb is here to stay! Here is a picture of my baby he is about 12/13 weeks old in this picture and quite the little man but still my baby. LOL[​IMG] I would just die If I had to give him up. LOL

9. Bec

He is so cute!!! He does have a sweet face! [​IMG]

I am hoping I can keep this little guy or all of these little guys. I already have 2 adult roos that get along great and an almost 3 month old cockeral out there too. I know I can't keep them all, but this special little one may have to be the one who stays...

10. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    well if you get more hens then they can all stay [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by