Name that breed of Duck ...

GeoGreyWolf

Songster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
Hello all I just picked up 2 new female ducks. The brown one the owner called it a Camo? Never heard of that type of duck. Can anyone confirm what she is?
IMG_4371[1].JPG IMG_4370[1].JPG

I am thinking Mallard since when i got her she tried to fly out of the tote, figured a Rouen wouldn't be able to do that. The lady clipped a wing a little so she would stay in the tote.

I would say so too. Congrats on getting ducks! From our conversation in my thread, it sounds like these are your first, right? Better make sure they don't fly away! They're beautiful! Have fun with them and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask some more in my thread!!

I would say so too. Congrats on getting ducks! From our conversation in my thread, it sounds like these are your first, right? Better make sure they don't fly away! They're beautiful! Have fun with them and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask some more in my thread!!
I had 2 Pekins years ago but something killed them. So this is a retry and trying to learn everything i can to understand them and raise them.

My Rouens can fly surprisingly well. So it could be a rouen or mallard mix. The other looks like a mix of a khaki and a pekin of maybe a blue Swedish duck.

Back
Top Bottom