1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Name that breed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aabecj6, Apr 14, 2017.

1. aabecj6

aabecj6 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Hi! We've owned 6 chickens for a couple years now but we just added 2 ducks to our flock. I've narrowed down that 1 is a Cayuga but can't figure out what the other is. Can you help? It's the one with yellow on the chest. Thank you! [​IMG]

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under aabecj6 [​IMG] Welcome!

Yep, it is a duck! LOL That is all I have got .. I know nothing about ducks except they are cute and go quack!

But, hopefully I can at least help a little by giving you a link to the Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks where you can post some pictures if one of the other greeters does not come along soon with an answer for you.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and welcome to BYC! Cute Ducks!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - I'm sure the duck peeps will be able to help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by