name that chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mom wewantchicks!, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    [URL]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/yayasmama106/chicksandflowers022.jpg[/URL][/I
    MG] well i think i didnt do the picture right! anyway this baby chick is our "mystery chick" we got her at tsc,and im hoping you guys will know what she is!

2. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    [​IMG]

3. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    [​IMG]

4. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    ok sorry those are so huge!! the second picture is my son with his chickens, batman and spiderman lol. they are supposed to be barred rock. they are also 3 weeks old. i am new to chicks so maybe along with telling me what these chicks may be you guys can answer some other ??. ok at what age can i put the babies out to stay in the coop? right now they are staying out a few hours a day in a small dog kennel with no bottom (i check on them about every 15 minutes!) also we ended up with some cornish rocks that i did not know where meat birds, can they be kept with these birds for good? i think i read they do not need to roost and can go out earlier than the other chicks cause they get bigger! man i think i should have got a puppy!!! lol

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    One thing I will say that will help you and that is, you can put all your pics in one post and if you make the size smaller you can add more. As far as Mystery chick goes.....hhhmmmm.....can't help ya, got one of my own that I'm trying to figure out.

6. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    anybody else have any idea?

7. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    our TSC had black australorps and Easter Eggers, the barred rocks i ordered have nice barring one their wings at 2 wks, makes me think these are probably not barred rocks. The chicks that are black look like the ones i bought which are supposed to be BA, the EE I ordered have green legs but those from TSC don't.

8. BradyMSU

BradyMSU Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Marshall, Michigan
    I don't know about the breed, but the shark on your son's shirt has a hold of the chicken on the left. [​IMG]

9. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    Quote:the guys at tsc where very, unhelpfull and when i complained the manager was just as bad! you'll have to explain to me what BA means, im new lol. and are the BA chicks good for egg laying or what?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by