Name that duck breed! - pics included!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dragonshiner, Jul 2, 2008.

1. dragonshiner

dragonshiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    First and foremost I must say, I just figured out how to transfer images from my fiance's digital camera to the computer! WOO HOO! Booty dance- get your groove on!
    Ahem, anyway....
    About a week and a half ago on my way back from a family reunion my friend's ex husband gave me 13 ducklings for free! By "gave" I of course mean he left me two nets and a bucket of corn on the back porch and I had to round them up, while my sister video taped the whole encounter. The ducklings and their mothers all free ranged in the yard the whole year round.
    I had recently lost a lot of ducklings and was excited to get some flock expansion. Plus they were free and I wasn't going to sneeze at that. Only thing is I have no idea what breed they are. I don't think they are purebreds so if anyone can give me some guesses that'd be cool. Here are pics of the two mothers. Both of the mothers were 8-10 pounds easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KLH2010

KLH2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    I am not much help but good luck! The second one maybe buff or buff cross?? The first one reminds me of a cayuga I saw earlier this week.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Khaki campbell and a buff duck. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by