Name that Freebie Pictures added (new older pictures added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LoneCowboy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Ok, I know I need to post pictures, and I will, but my freebie from McMurray has me wondering. It's white with almost a pinkish tinge, and has greenish legs. I know it's not an EEer cuz I ordered a bunch of them. So what other chickens have kind of greenish legs?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hate to burst your bubble, but it could be an Easter Egger. They do come in white and McMurray often sends one as it's Freebie.

3. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm ok if it is, really, just all the ones I've gotten from them are brown. I'm just afraid it's a Pearl White leghorn Roo. :eek:

I looked through their catalog thinking that the freebie would be one of the breeds they are currently shipping, and my choices of white were a White Rock, Delaware, and Leghorn. I just don't want it to be a leghorn and hope it's not a roo, but time will tell on that.

I'll post pictures here soon for more input.

I'm sure it's no blue orpington [​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

When you post pics, we'll be able to tell you better, but Leghorns don't have greenish legs, so guess we'll wait for a picture or two, LOL.

5. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Ok, here are the pictures of my freebie. I hope it's a girl but it's still too soon to tell. I'm just hoping I can find out the breed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'd have to go with Easter Egger.

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Looks a bit like one of my EE's...

@ 2 and a half weeks old...

[​IMG]

Goldie at 22 weeks...

[​IMG]

Dawn

8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Well if thats an EE than it should have a rose comb, that comb is easy to see , if it is a rose comb , I would start leaning towards roo.

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'm thinking pullet because the Roo EEs have a wider comb base than that.

10. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    I think it may be a Delaware. I could be way off because I know very little about chickens but it looks just like my delawares did. I have 2 Delawares. This pic taken was at 16 days old of one of my pullets.[​IMG][​IMG] This was my roo. His comb was already very visible when he died.

[​IMG]

This is Amelia. She was sick in this pic taken at 5 weeks but is doing better now.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by