Name that pullet (black with some brown)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by obmarriott, Sep 16, 2010.

1. obmarriott

obmarriott New Egg

Sep 16, 2010
    Of course being new I posted this in the wrong place, so here goes:
    Took the plunge, but knowing that we couldn't do new hatchlings I went for pullets. But the people I got them from weren't "sure" of breed (I guess they got a "mixed batch" of female 1 day olds). So the lady said the smallest (at top in the pic) is a Partridge Rock, but she didn't know about the black/brown one (medium sized and at the bottom). I got the big one (Ameraucauna) from a different person. So, if you experts have any thoughts I'd love it. I tried to look through pictures, but I just keep getting distracted by so many adorable birds!

[​IMG]

2. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    Quote:I don't know about the two you want to know but that is not a Ameraucauna, it is an Easter Egger.

3. obmarriott

obmarriott New Egg

Sep 16, 2010
    Thanks tamelroy. After poking around these forums a bit I kinda figured it was an EE. Which is ok with me since I'm not trying to show it (or breed it for that matter), just hoping for a variety of egg colors. Perhaps I will just wait for the other two to grow up and then try to figure them out (or maybe they're mutts which is fine and they'll fit right in around here).

4. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

It would help if you posted a picture that showed them a bit better. And I agree, the middle one is an EE.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The middle one is actually an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana. the one on the bottom we'd need better pics for, but it could also be an EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by