Name that Silkie Color..................

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_light_cuckoo.jpg

Silkie #1 from my Cuckoo hen & Black Roo, hard to tell in pic but looks like he is getting light barring in his topknot

7205_light_cuckoo2.jpg

Silkie #2 from same parents, lighter than #1 but half the skin is dark and half light...... hehe

7205_partridge_pullet.jpg

One of my Partridge pullets................... just for the heck of it and I love her.... hehe

Last edited:
Ok.. need to rule some things out here:

Assuming that the Cuckoo hen was black cuckoo, then that means all offspring would have to be black or cuckoo/barred; Unless the rooster was actually a dark Blue rooster, then the only possibilities would be Blue and Black offspring with the males have some cuckoo/barring. No splash would be possible from this mating AT ALL.

Is it possible for the parents to be recessive for lavender?

The hen is a Cuckoo, the male looks Black but could have some Blue. I don't know about his background... it's possible. They are far different from my splashes, although difficult to see in the pic. You can make out a light barring pattern in areas... it's strange. I have gotten Cuckoo and Black chicks from them before... these two have me confused... hehe

I got a similarly almost identically colored chick out of a Black X white (recessive blue or lavender (not sure but good guessing) and she/he has been very very pale blue with some dark areas/edges on crest and wings. I tried figuring out the genetics and what you'd call it, but everyone says its just a pale blue...So I have thus started calling Silver (this chick) a Powderpuff Blue
wink.png

beautiful birds, I love the partridge.

#1 extremely light cuckoo with poor barring.

#2 miscolor. I don't think it qualifies as gray.

D you know the genetic background of the parents?

Back
Top Bottom