Name the Breed and sex.

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by aislinn003, Oct 12, 2013.

1. aislinn003

aislinn003 New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    I am new to chickens I love it. I have had them since they were eggs for my grand daughter in 4H. I know the white one is a Turken I love her but she make a crowing sound sometimes. Is she a male or a noisy hen? I don't not know the breed or sex of the grey bird who can also be noisy. Just my luck!!

Thank you for your suggestions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

male or female?
    do you happen to know the breed of the grey bird?

2. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    all three look like roosters to me. not sure about the breed though

3. bantygirl

bantygirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2010
    Hi yes chickens r fun, I have a few turkens not an expert but if I had to guess I would say a roo big bright red comb and showing some sign of saddle feathers. The gray one has some sign of saddle feathers too, they are both lookers thou, how old?

4. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Roosters, they look like mutts...

5. aislinn003

aislinn003 New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. My chickens are 14 weeks old. I love my Turken but I live in town so I will have to find her? a new home. I was so hoping it was not a male.

6. aislinn003

aislinn003 New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    Hi what is a mutt?

7. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Barnyard mix.

8. aislinn003

aislinn003 New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    Well, that's what I get for saying yes to my beautiful grand daughter. Who wanted so bad to be in 4H. She brought me 4 eggs one turned out to be a black Silkie female. The other 3 have now turned out to be roosters, can you believe the luck. I live in town so I need to find them a good home. Next year I will not get eggs. I will know the breed and sex of the chickens I get. My husband said with those odds I should be in Vegas! haha
    thank for all the replies I really appreciate it. And I welcome any advice you would like to offer. Please and thank you in advance.

Julia

9. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Why not eat them?

10. aislinn003

aislinn003 New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    Well, that would be the smart thing to do. But their only 14 weeks old and I hadn't planned on eating them I was treating them more like pets. So I became attached. My husband says the same thing, eat them.. Did you see the photos do you think their male also?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by