1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Name this breed!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sahminaz, May 12, 2009.

1. sahminaz

sahminaz Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Out of a bin full of chicks, we were able to identify 5 out of 6 chicks. So far I have a russian orloff(white), 2 blue sumatras, egyptian fayoumis, sicilian buttercup but this little girl(hopefully) I have no idea what she is. Based on my little knowledge from what i've read she is a cochin? WDYT? She is so cute. What color?

Lulu
    back of lulu

2. jessica117

jessica117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    SE Tennessee
    I am going to guess that she is a buff brahma. I may be wrong but she doesn't really fit any of the colors of cochins that I am familiar with (that certainly doesn't mean that I'm not wrong... hehe.) Won't know for sure till she's fully feathered though.

Just adorable no matter what she turns out to be [​IMG]

3. sahminaz

sahminaz Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Do I have cooties?[​IMG]

4. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    EDITED: I would definately agree in the cuteness, I don't think you have cooties.

I have a buff brahma, still a baby, younger then yours and this is what mine looks like.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by