Name this breed....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cluckandwaddle, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Cluckandwaddle

Cluckandwaddle New Egg

Sep 19, 2013
    I have a cute little chicken but I have no idea what kind of chicken she is. She hasn't started laying eggs yet so I can't give any information on egg type. I had another one of these girls that had a big head poof but sadly got taken by a fox. This girl has no feathers on her head but she does have some on her checks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton! The chicken in question is the one with the spots. [​IMG]. [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
  4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

She does look like a Barbanter. Are there feathers on her feet and where did you get her?

5. Cluckandwaddle

Cluckandwaddle New Egg

Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks so much for the quick responses! I am so glad to find out what breed she is! I had no idea she was so rare. I just got her from the local feed store. If I would have known it was such a rare breed I would have gotten more. I will talk to the feed store to see if they can get more, she is a very sweet chicken. In response to the feather question, she has clean legs, no feathers on her legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by