Name this chick! And gender, too. :)

pecangrove

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
SC
Here is a picture of all 3 of my chicks, about a week old now, showing their feathering starting.

The smaller one on the right (solid black including feet, think it may be a rooster) has the longest feathering on his wings and has some tail feathers now. He also has lightly feathered feet. He charges my hand anytime I put it in there, but he is also the first to climb on me.

The one in the middle I believe is a frizzled, but her real feathers are really soft so I don't know if it's a Cochin or not. There are no tail feathers forming yet. There is a small comb that is yellow, as you can see.

The one to the far left has Silkie feet - black, 5 toes, feathered. But is getting real feathers. But, again, no tail feathers yet. And I see no sign of any kind of comb.

They could be a combination of Silkie, Cochin, Serama, D'Uccle, and Seabright, some of which are Frizzled, as those are the bantams he has all together free ranging that I hatched eggs from.

Sooooo.... any guesses as the what combinations they may be?? LOL

This is the solid black one, a tad smaller than the others, that I think may be a rooster. Love him!

Back
Top Bottom