Name this TSC cochin bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cwilliams, May 9, 2009.

1. cwilliams

cwilliams Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2009
    When I got them, I went through my books and they looked like either a ligh brahma or a mille fleur. I think I can rule out mille fluer at this point. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Don't rule out Millie Fleur d"Uccle just yet. My little Millies are just a bit older than yours and they are just now beginning to have little white feathers pop up. I thought maybe they were another variety at first, since they were only buff and black. It takes awhile to get their full color.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's not a brahma. Mille fluer or cochin would be my guess.

4. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I looked at feathersite and it could be a blue mille fleur d'uccle. Very pretty color. I have some mille fleur chicks that are 2 weeks old and a quite a bit darker than yours. But I think it looks alot like a d'Uccle.

5. chickenguysmom

Oh, I forgot to ask. Is it very sweet and does it let you pick it up and is it slow moving? That is how our d'Uccles are. They love to be around people. I have also noticed that the d'Uccle chicks are GREAT FLYERS. First to fly up and over the edge of the tub.

6. cwilliams

Apr 3, 2009
    Thank you so much for the help. Yes they are sweet and easy to handle. i took pictures very easy without her running off.

I hope for a mille fleur. when I saw a dark chick with a light face, I knew I'd like it.

7. cwilliams

Apr 3, 2009
    You must be right about he mille fleur because they did look just like this pic.
    [​IMG]

8. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Yep it looks like a Mille Fleur d'Uccle to me too. My bantam Cochins are fatter and rounder than d'Uccles.

9. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, I'm quite sure its mille fleur. I had a mille fleur Dutch bantam, and he looked like that... Soon your pattern should start to look like this- (my roo as a cockerel)
    [​IMG]

10. chickenguysmom

Chicken Charmer, I am having trouble seeing your picture. And I want to see what your handsome guy looks like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by