1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Name Those Packing Peanuts!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HidingInTheHenHouse, May 17, 2009.

1. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I received an order from Ideal on Friday. I'm able to identify 5 of the chicks breeds, but the other 10 I just can't tell. 5 of them were the rare breed special, and Ideal was nice enough to notate that they put in 2 Iowa Blues, 2 La Fleche, and 1 Dark Aseel. The other 5 chicks are packing peanuts.

My problem is, I can't identify which ones of the rare breeds are which, and also, what the packing peanuts are. I am fairly sure that one of my La Fleche died, but I only found one that looked like that one, with the v-comb and wide nostrils, so what happened to the other one?

Anyway, here are the still not sures (all are cockerals):

Chick #1 (I think Iowa Blue??; comb is artifically colored green)
    [​IMG]

Chick #1 again
    [​IMG]

Chick #2 (I think it is the other Iowa Blue?? Whatever it is, it seems to be the same breed as #1; again, comb artificially colored green)
    [​IMG]

Chick #2 again
    [​IMG]

Chick #3 (maybe La Fleche or Dark Aseel??)
    [​IMG]

Chick #4 (different chick than #3, but possibly one of those breeds)
    [​IMG]

Chick #5 - Packing Peanut?? - there are 2 that look like this one - Notice the straight comb
    [​IMG]

Chick #5 Again
    [​IMG]

Chick #6 - Packing Peanut? - there are 3 of them - look identical to #5, but notice the flat comb
    [​IMG]

Chick #6 again
    [​IMG]

Thank you for any and all guesses!!

2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Chick #4 looks like our Australorps. #3 looks a bit like a Black Sex-Link. Sorry, but I don't really know about the others. Hope you get some more guesses! [​IMG]

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Is #6 a silver-laced wyandotte?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by