Name Those Packing Peanuts!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HidingInTheHenHouse, May 17, 2009.

1. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I received an order from Ideal on Friday. I'm able to identify 5 of the chicks breeds, but the other 10 I just can't tell. 5 of them were the rare breed special, and Ideal was nice enough to notate that they put in 2 Iowa Blues, 2 La Fleche, and 1 Dark Aseel. The other 5 chicks are packing peanuts.

My problem is, I can't identify which ones of the rare breeds are which, and also, what the packing peanuts are. I am fairly sure that one of my La Fleche died, but I only found one that looked like that one, with the v-comb and wide nostrils, so what happened to the other one?

Anyway, here are the still not sures (all are cockerals):

Chick #1 (I think Iowa Blue??; comb is artifically colored green)
    [​IMG]

Chick #1 again
    [​IMG]

Chick #2 (I think it is the other Iowa Blue?? Whatever it is, it seems to be the same breed as #1; again, comb artificially colored green)
    [​IMG]

Chick #2 again
    [​IMG]

Chick #3 (maybe La Fleche or Dark Aseel??)
    [​IMG]

Chick #4 (different chick than #3, but possibly one of those breeds)
    [​IMG]

Chick #5 - Packing Peanut?? - there are 2 that look like this one - Notice the straight comb
    [​IMG]

Chick #5 Again
    [​IMG]

Chick #6 - Packing Peanut? - there are 3 of them - look identical to #5, but notice the flat comb
    [​IMG]

Chick #6 again
    [​IMG]

Thank you for any and all guesses!!

2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Chick #4 looks like our Australorps. #3 looks a bit like a Black Sex-Link. Sorry, but I don't really know about the others. Hope you get some more guesses! [​IMG]

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Is #6 a silver-laced wyandotte?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by