names for bearded polish please?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grant6411, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    hey, i cant think of a name for my black and white bearded polish chick.... any suggestions? i may post a picture of it. i do not know the gender yet, it is only 1 week old so fire away!

2. chickorama

chickorama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Massachusetts
    We name our chickens whatever comes to mind! (though sometimes we steal names from our favorite books)... for instance, we have chickens named Desdemona, Hermes, Mortimer, Nancy Drew, Dorothy... the list could go on for quite awhile!! Anyway, the point is, don't think it over too hard. Otherwise you will come up with an unoriginal, uncreative name. Almost always, the best thing comes without a lot of thought.

3. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    ok, heres a pic. the black and white bearded is looking at the camra, its pretty easy to spot. by the way, not all these are mine, just four. this pic was taken about a week ago.
    [​IMG]

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I wait till they get there feather all in then names just sorta happen.

5. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Awwww...so so cute! I agree with the other poster. The perfect name will come to you when you least expect it. Sometimes, I "try" on a name or two for a while and, then, the right one just comes along. I was looking at my little bantam cockeral tonight (my one and only house chicken) and I started imitating his bawk. From bawk, it went to buck and then Bucky. I'm going to keep the name he has but I'm saving Bucky for another time. [​IMG]

6. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Some names just "happen" when you see their personality etc..
    OR: Go on line and look at names in other languages, God/Goddess names, Flowers, gems etc....

For example: Our Buffs are "Buffy and Tawny" our Black Australorps are "Onyx" and "Jet"... Our white Gals were "Pearl" and "Ivory"-- but Ivory is now "noodles"..... our Showgirl eats like a dainty little girl--hence her name "Nibbles".....
    Our BIG Rock Roo's are Bubbah and Rocky Rhodes (From Chicken run) and all the Rock Gals are named for flowers/plants.

Just have fun with it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Jillian. She just LOOKS like a Jillian.
    And if it's a boy, Jasper.

8. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Quote:the all black one that has its back to the camra (not the 1 next to the polish) is my black silkie. i picked him up and instantly said "he looks like a philip." i dont know why, and i dont know if its a guy or a girl but i know what you mean.

9. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Quote:oops accidentally hit report instead of quote on your post lol, but i hit go back after lol. anyway i see what you mean about "jilian" if it is a girl. jasper i dont see as much in it but ill think about it. thanks, jilians a good one. if you think of any more tell me

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:oops accidentally hit report instead of quote on your post lol, but i hit go back after lol. anyway i see what you mean about "jilian" if it is a girl. jasper i dont see as much in it but ill think about it. thanks, jilians a good one. if you think of any more tell me

OK. [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by