Names & Pics

Bantamphantom

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Hey, BYC. Post pics of your chickens here and tell us their names! I think of chickens as family and I name all of mine. Cool names, aptly named chickens, or stories about how your chickens got their names, please!

I will start with a story.

I started by hatching 3 EE eggs. One hatched Saturday, one Sunday, and one really late Tuesday. The older two were named by a family friend. The oldest one was dark in color and named Chipotle. The middle chick was a blondie named Papaya. I got to name the third one, and it was so tiny compared to the other two that I named it Nugget. Chipotle and Papaya are now 1 and a half month old hens, and Nugget is bigger than both of them, a handsome roo who protects his sibs.

ill go first!! LOL
My first two chickens ever-
Blanca

And Buck, he was supposed to be a "she" but yea..... Boyfried likes him so he named him.

My lil EE Marble

And my BFs RIR Rojo

My little mini flock!!!!

Cute!!

Here's mine. From left to right on the top roost, Athena, Chloe, Lacey, Claire, Rainy, Primrose, Cora then Lavender. And on the bottom Emily, Comet and Lily on the far end. :)

Then my 27 chicks! All their names are Nike, Rosalie, Absaroke, Abenaki, Isabel, Thibault, Ave Maria, Olivia, Pearl, Lilibeth, Beatrice, Dottie, Lottie, Harriet, Stella, Vera, Hoku, Clara, Darcy, Etta, Zelma, Peach, Elspeth, Gloria, Flo, Finelli, and Ronnie. :D Lots o' babies! They were in the basket while I cleaned their brooder.

Cute!!

Here's mine. From left to right on the top roost, Athena, Chloe, Lacey, Claire, Rainy, Primrose, Cora then Lavender. And on the bottom Emily, Comet and Lily on the far end. :)

Then my 27 chicks! All their names are Nike, Rosalie, Absaroke, Abenaki, Isabel, Thibault, Ave Maria, Olivia, Pearl, Lilibeth, Beatrice, Dottie, Lottie, Harriet, Stella, Vera, Hoku, Clara, Darcy, Etta, Zelma, Peach, Elspeth, Gloria, Flo, Finelli, and Ronnie. :D Lots o' babies! They were in the basket while I cleaned their brooder.

I have so many chicks, and we have only named two - Twerkie (first born) - first chick we saw hatch - it looked like it was twerking :idunno

The second one is a frilkie (frizzled silkie) we named her Phyllis.

The full grown hens/roosters all have names:
Denny, Penny, Dott, Mabel, Honey, Janet, Marge, Jagger, Carlton, George, Ida, Pearl, Lorraine, Steve, Macy, Bertha, Martha, Harriet, Ruby, McDonalds and Olive. Also have 10 chicks that are 12 weeks old: Cathy, Eedie, Lynette, Fern, Willow, Hoover, Stanley, Bonnie, Gigi and Skittles.

Too cute!

Here's Stan the Man:

Little Sister

Marie

Leggs

Big Sister

Crazy Comb Shirley

Askew

Sister Sue

Speedy

Cardboard Chicken

Morse Code

Oscar-well he clucks like a chicken

Cute!!

Is Elspeth named after Elspeth Gordie? Just curious.

Oh I forgot to add pictures!
_MG_8366.jpg
Ruby
_MG_8386.jpg
Janet
_MG_8504.jpg
Marge
_MG_8553.jpg
Denny
_MG_8668.jpg
Carlton
_MG_8338.jpg
Bertha & Martha are the Khaki Campbells - Macy is the Muscovy
_MG_8373.jpg
George
_MG_8375.jpg
Ida
_MG_8522.jpg
Mabel
_MG_7801.jpg
Olive (and her babies - not named)
_MG_7149.jpg
Honey Jagger & Dott
_MG_5781-1.jpg
McDonalds
_MG_5823.jpg
Harriet
_MG_5749.jpg
Lorraine
_MG_5644.jpg
Steve
_MG_8346.jpg
Pearl
_MG_6713.jpg
Penny also
_MG_8402.jpg
Bonnie
_MG_7885.jpg
Fern
_MG_7887.jpg
Willow
_MG_7384.jpg
Hoover
_MG_7378.jpg
Eedie (or Lynette)
_MG_8410.jpg
Eedie or Lynette
_MG_8371.jpg
Stanley
3097d31d.jpg
Cathy (white) Skittles (mottled Houdan)
_MG_7881.jpg
Gigi
_MG_8535.jpg
Rosa & Tilly
_MG_8434.jpg
Phyllis
_MG_8251.jpg
Twerkie (Centre) That's it.. That's everyone that has a name so far :gig

Annie, 4-5 month old Bantam Hen (hatched off 12 babies...only had 2 hens and the rest roosters)

Big Red (Rosie), Rhode Island Red Hen ( saved her from getting eat! plus my mom loved her beautiful color)

Bonnie, Silkie Hen (purchased her and clyde after my first set of silkies were killed by raccoons)

Clyde, Silkie Rooster

Daisy, Golden Comet Mix Hen (the guy said she was a pretty good egg layer...turns out she likes to crack most of the eggs)

Eli, Bantam Rooster (one of my first original chickens, saved him and the others from getting killed..)

Elli, Bantam Hen (favorite hen, i used to spoil her id take her out of the cage and dig in the garden and let her dig worms. One of my first chickens)

Pandora, Pencilled Barred Rock Mix Hen. (loved her beautiful color! and for 3 dollars...she was worth it)

Pigeon, Bantam Hen. (My dad was going to give her away and she looked so cute i begged him to give her to me!)

Rhett, Buff Silkie Rooster (only set of buff silkies i had ever seen so i didn't want to let the opportunity slip away)

Scarlett, Buff Silkie Hen

Sassy, Barred Rock Mix Hen. (Only got her because she was the smallest of all the pullets and she was getting stepped on..mostly felt sorry for her)

Scooter, Bantam Rooster. (Wasn't gonna put his egg in the incubator because i knew he would be a rooster....but he was the only one that hatched so i can't complain)

Texas Ranger, Bantam Hen (dominant of the hens, loves to eat mealworms and dust in the garden)

Back
Top Bottom