Names?

Djmiller012

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Tabor, IA
Does anyone know any good names for chikens and a turkey, I had the turkey named Teeter, like Teeter the Turkey, I thought it was cute but my mom said it was cheasy, so I' here, anyone know, have 7 chicks all together...ad cute names, we have one named chicken little and cute names, Thanks! :aww

We just named our pearl white leghorns "Dumb" and "Dumber" because that's exactly what they are. The dumbest chicks of the bunch, good thing we only have 2!

So pick something that goes with their personalities... when people ask "why'd you name them ...." you'll have a good story to tell.

We are getting our chickens soon. 4 to be exact. We are thinking of names.

*First idea: R2 D2 C3 and PO We can even place a sign above the doorway Chickens Wars.
gig.gif

* Second idea: Ennie Minnie Minny and Mo.
lau.gif

We are still thinking of others. But these 2 are our thoughts

Our first 4....the roo was Ollile....the girls....Polly, Mollie, and Dolly. I know, not very original...now I have WAY too many to name them all...just the Roos. One is Mr C. ( our last name begins with a C) and Ruby....our RIR male. We have ONE white hen...her name is Pancake. We really dont name the rest. They all look alike, and would be too hard.
Now...our covy ducks...hen is Mrs Thang....and drake is Salty. Good luck picking names...Just watch them...names will come to ya!

Observe your birds for a while. Believe me they each have a personality of their own. And like people, some are nice and some are not so nice. Let the personality of the bird help you to decide a name!

I named my new chickies after former first ladies:
eleanor
jackie
lady bird
mamie
dolly
nancy.

Here are more ideas I have for the next bunch:
country singers:
tammy
patty
reba