names

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LoreleisMama, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LoreleisMama

LoreleisMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    My daughter was so excited about naming our new chicks that I couldn't resist! There are only a select few that have marking so we can tell them apart and the rest just get called what ever name we want to call them at the time.

Here they are:

Sunny
    Patsy
    Loretta
    June
    Nugget
    Olivia
    Myra
    Silvia
    Betty
    and....
    Shoe!

That's what you get when you have a soon to be 3 year old helping name things! lol

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    My 1 y/o roos are Nugget and Archie.

We are still working on the new babies. My teenage girls are helping.
    So far we have Alex and Isabelle (Izzy). 10 names to go. I am trying to convince my older daughter that "Demon" is not a good name for a hen. [​IMG]
    I think your 3 y/o is doing just fine.

4. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    Quote:Also evidenced by my dogs Beans and Pi [​IMG] named by my nephew. Gotta love toddlers!

5. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Those are all great names, but still, one can't help but wonder what went through her head when she named one 'Shoe'... The mind of a toddler is a fickle thing.

6. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    YEah, I've got a hen named Soda thanks to my 4 year old. lol

7. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    could she have ment Shoo, as move out of the way? teehee. Well I tell you the names of my chicks, al 31 of them and I didn't even HAVE any help.
    Peep 1
    Peep 2
    ect........... That way there is no body mad because they like someone elses name better and stuff like that. I can call Peep and the whole flock will come running, at least when I have treats.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  8. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    We have a one year old hen named Carrot. She was named by the same daughter who just yesterday named one of our new pullets Buster. [​IMG]

If we have any extra roos that we end up keeping, my son is doing some pretty serious lobbying for naming him Superman.

9. Knittycat

Knittycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Bay City, TX
    My little girl wants to name them (among others) Brittany and Oceana. *sigh* She also thinks they are her chicks even though I have at no point even hinted at them being hers. Although, after a few months of doing chicken chores, she might just want to give up her claim to ownership. [​IMG]

10. bs288

bs288 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    My Golden Buffs are Dorothy, Blanche, Rose and Sophia. Grandkids names for their chicks so far are: Lillian, Eva(but pronounced Ava) , Justina Beiber, and Princess Snuffy (3 year old granddaughter) 10 more to name yet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by